Pages

11 May 2013

Cake for Company

So I looked through cookbook after cookbook, recipe after recipe, and I just couldn't find anything I liked.  Well I liked plenty of what I saw but none seemed like the right cake for this post. So I had an existential crisis of sorts. Do I even like cake? Who am I if I'm not the cake lover I thought I was? Well that lasted for a whole...2 minutes when I realized that I'm more of a cookie, brownie, pastry type person. I find most cakes to be too rich, too decadent for me.  So I looked on my shelf for what I had and I looked through some different dessert recipes and I came up with a solution...A COOKIE CAKE! Who doesn't like a good cookie cake?

I had all of the ingredients for a Nutella cookie cake. 





Here is the recipe

  • 1/2 C butter, salted, at room temperature
  • 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 C Nutella
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 C semi sweet chocolate chips
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Line baking sheet with parchment paper
  • In a bowl beat butter until soft, about one minute
  • Add in sugars and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes or until soft and fluffy.
  • Add in vanilla, egg and Nutella. Mix together well.
  • Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
  • Add in chocolate chips.
  • Bake for 8 minutes
And throw it in a pan! Or in my case a skillet. I'm a big banana bread fan (Donny and Luisa are even bigger fans) so maybe the next recipe will be banana bread.

Thanks for the link up, French!






4 comments:

  1. You too this to a whole new level! And this isn't decadent or too rich at all ;)
    What a good idea to put it in a skillet.
    By the way, I adore banana bread. Have you ever tried zucchini bread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! This is decadent and rich! No I never made zucchini bread but I want to!

      Delete
  2. Holy decadent deliciousness!!! I am already halfway to your house if there is any left hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, why am i not eating this right now? Haha yum.

    ReplyDelete