Pages

11 December 2013

Preparing for Christmas

Well it's December 11th and we are behind. Behind in a lot of things. We have yet to set up our advent wreath. No Christmas tree yet. Nothing. Part of the reason for this delay is that I want to set up lifelong family traditions but I just can't pick a good battle plan yet. But the school breaks in about a week and a half and then it's time for some real celebrating.

So as far as preparing goes, Francesca, we have nothing to show for it but let me tell you about our big plans!

We will cut down a tree sometime this week. We will buy a wreath and set up the Advent candles. And we have some wonderful stockings that Donny's mom made for the three of us that we will be putting up. 

This is the most "Christmas-y" photo I have...


Luisa in a somewhat Christmas dress, watching a Charlie Brown Christmas (which she somehow put on herself through the Netflix app).

In other news,

Emily, Caleb, and baby Seamus came to visit! It was tons of fun but you are just going to have to take my work for it since I have about 5 pictures. Here is the only decent one. 


Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. It's SO hard to be Advent-y when you have to bow to the school schedule. In grad school I didn't have time to think about advent much less do anything. This year with a 2.5 year old it's been pretty fun and he remembers better than I do to light the wreath and read our Advent book - a stupid book that we won't be recycling. Reading Kendra's blog makes me feel like I need to get all our traditions established ASAP, but I've heard it from her personally that she barely managed to do the dishes when she was in our stage of mothering.

    P.S. We got our einkorn and it makes me so very very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to do advent-y and Christmas-y things that Luisa will actually remember and take part in!

      I'm glad you got Einkorn! My mom thinks I should work for them since I am always promoting it. Anyways, I love being able to say that we don't eat modern wheat at all, ever anymore!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I find myself wanting to establish the family traditions too and have nothing to show for it still... no Advent wreath, no tree, no nativity scene! At least you have the excuse that the school keeps you too busy. What's mine? Love Luisa's dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. French move to the states and maybe we can get traditions down pat. Or at least be neglectful together!

      Delete